Scholarship Recipients Help Run Sessions
Apply for a 2023 NEC Scholarship
The Rance R. Willis Planner Development Scholarship application process for the June 6-8, 2023 Society of Government Meeting Professionals (SGMP) National Education Conference (NEC) is now open. Completed applications are due by 5 pm EST February 3, 2023. Apply online today.
SGMP’s Gilmer Institute of Learning provides NEC scholarship financial assistance to meeting planner members. Scholarship awards are available to eligible planners who would not be able to attend NEC without financial assistance. Scholarships are funded by revenue received from the silent auction during NEC.
If you have any questions, contact the Gilmer Scholarship and Certification trustees, Tecumseh Deloney, CMP, CGMP, at TDeloney@zerotothree.org and Mary Robinson, CDME, CGMP, CTA, at Mary@ExploreBHA.com
About the Scholarship
SGMP’s Gilmer Institute of Learning offers Rance R. Willis Planner Development Scholarships to attend NEC.
SGMP’s Gilmer Institute of Learning awards NEC scholarships to meeting planner members in order to increase planner attendance at the NEC. Increasing the number of planner members in attendance allows SGMP to improve the return on investment for our SGMP supplier and planner members through increased networking opportunities. SGMP scholarship recipients also benefit from the robust educational offerings provided at the NEC.
These scholarships were made possible from money raised during the auction that is held each year before and during NEC.
Responsibilities of Recipients During and After the 2023 NEC:
- Must be able to attend the entire conference, beginning with Scholarship Orientation on Tuesday afternoon, June 6, 2023, and stay through the last session with the closing keynote speaker on Thursday afternoon, June 8, 2023.
- Attend daily briefings with the scholarship team.
- Attend Sponsors Row activities.
- Attend the Wednesday evening Sam Gilmer Awards Banquet.
- Moderate a minimum of three breakout sessions and perform other duties as assigned by Gilmer Trustees.
- Moderator duties include introducing speakers and providing assistance as needed; announce In/Out Session Codes, and complete/submit Moderator Session Summary Sheet.